Page Buttons

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Happy NTT!

Welcome to the downhill slide of another week, friends!  I can't believe that a whole month of 2017 has already slipped by.  I actually have a quilt I can share with you today.  This quilt is for my aunt, who asked for shades of navy, green, aqua, and teal...aaand I just realized the quilt is sideways in the picture.  oh well.


As you may already know, this is one of my very favorite color palettes, so it was a perfect fun project after having to sew to a deadline lately.  In case you're wondering, this is the same block that I used for my Sugar Plum Fairy quilt (also at my aunt's request), and the block tutorial can be found at the post HERE.  Also, I feel compelled to say though this is a busier pattern, it is looking much busier in the photo than it does in person.  I think the cool colors keep it from being too overwhelming, too.  If I can manage it, this one is getting finished up tomorrow, so I can actually have a shareable Friday finish this week!

Last week's party was full of awesomeness, as usual!  Just look at this hexie project in shades of green by Den syende himmel.  Oh my goodness- what a labor of love!


or this bright and fun postage stamp quilt by Gretchen's Little Corner.


and this beautiful top from Quilting at the Farm.


Wow!!  Y'all finished out January with a bang!  Time to show what you have going on this week.  Let's party!

You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)






7 comments:

  1. Love the cool colors in your aunt's quilt. Glad you got to do some "fun" sewing. That deadline sewing can get old quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simpleness of the last quilt you show

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a really cool quilt for your aunt. Fun to find my quilt on your blog today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take a simple concept and make a lovely/easy block. Thank you for the tutorial - so many possibilities.
    And your quilt is beautiful, Kelly. I am sure your aunt will be proud and pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt you made for your aunt is awesome. Simple design and great colors. i will definitely put your idea in my 'to do' list. thanks for sharing. Micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky auntie! She's going to love it! I hope she cuddles with it often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgous quilt! Thank you for the link to the tutorial! Pinned it and saved it! Thank you for sharing and for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips